After having a baby girl, it can seem as if the laundry doubles! Many parents use baby detergent to clean smocked baby girl dresses. And when a newborns skin is sensitive, this may be true. But it may be reassuring to know that this isn’t necessary for many smocked baby girl dresses.
If baby detergent isn’t getting rid of stains and odors on your smocked baby girl dresses as you expected, it may be time to switch to a regular liquid detergent. Unless your baby has allergies or another condition causing sensitive skin, washing your kid clothes with the rest of the family’s clothes could not irritate your baby’s skin. Liquid detergents sometimes rinse out easier than powder detergents do, so may be better for sensitive skin.
Before making the switch, be sure to test one article of clothing. And try using a detergent that’s free of colours and fragrances. If you notice a skin reaction, stick with baby detergent for a little while longer.
Cloth diapers are the only items that need to be separated from your regular laundry of smocked baby girl dresses because harsh detergents can cause diaper rash. Wash them with mild baby detergent, and avoid anti-static products or fabric softeners, which often have fragrances that can irritate the skin. Also, use hot water and be sure to double rinse each load.
Quick tips for making colours brighter when do laundry smocked baby girl dresses
With a few simple tips, you can boost laundry smocked baby dresses to help keep them looking new and prevent fading too. Here are a few quick tips to make colours of smocked baby girl dresses brighter:
- Add 1/2 cup of vinegar to a load of laundry during the wash cycle.
- Colour Protector: Soak new smocked dresses for babies in vinegar to protect dyes from running. You can also try soaking them in lightly salted water.
- Soak new baby smocked dresses in a mixture of 1 tsp Epsom salts mixed with one gallon of water. It will help prevent fading and dyes running.
- One-half cup of household ammonia added to rinse water will help smocked baby girl dress brighter. Do not use ammonia if bleach has been used.
- Turn kid clothes inside out before washing to help prevent fading, especially helpful for black garments.
- If line drying outdoors, colour items should be dried in the shade to prevent fading colour.
- Pour two cups of strong tea in the rinse cycle to restore dark colours.